Data Editing With DEWD
DEWD (pronunciation: dood, [du:d]) is an Umbraco 4.0 extension used to edit sequential data such as rows in a SQL server database table. It's meant to allow developers to quickly set up user friendly SQL data editing in Umbraco (eg. for editors) without having to write custom code. It was written in C# using ASP.NET 3.5.
You should consider using DEWD if you're about to write yet-another-quick'n'dirty-custom-module-for-edting-some-stuff-in-a-database-table. A few lines of configuration in xml will allow you (and your webmaster, editors etc.) to create/delete/edit data in most simple table structures.DEWD features:
- User friendly data editing; mimics Umbracos content editor and uses same data types (editor controls)
- Multiple views (grids) of the same table with paging and search
- Handles one-to-many and many-to-many relationships
- Open architecture allowing you to plug in your own stuff where needed
- MIT License
- Object editing (edit objects in your domain model) and data annotation support
- Better support for editing of rows directly in the view
For the latest news on DEWD please go to the News
for more information.